When I started the blog over a year ago, the ladies over at Tambea Kitchen in Wagga sent me this recipe for their great aunt Lorna’s caramel pudding.
And boy oh boy is this my kind of cooking. Talk about easy! Its old school, home cooking at its best – just the way a family recipe should be. You can make it in minutes and from ingredients that are always in the cupboard; it’s perfect for when friends come over for dinner where you want something a little bit special but fuss free at the same time; and most of all – it’s the most delicious dessert I’ve had in a very long time.
Sweet and comforting, serve it straight from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some strawbs. Suited to those of you with a bit of a sweet tooth; Mum – I know you’ll love it! I just hope I’ve done the recipe justice.
Thank you for sharing.
easy + delicious caramel pudding | a tambea kitchen recipe
1 x cup of self raising flour
3/4 cup of white sugar
A pinch of salt
60 grams of butter (melted in the microwave)
1/2 cup of milk
30 grams of butter
2 x tablespoons of golden syrup
1 1/2 cups of boiling water
vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Simply add the pudding ingredients to an oven proof shallow dish and mix together using a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Add syrup ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat (whilst stirring) until the butter has melted and you have a smooth syrup.
- Carefully pour the syrup over the top of the pudding and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and fresh strawberries.
- Don’t be deterred that the pudding mixture looks small. You’ll be surprised how much it rises during the cooking process. (Thanks Soph for the tip!)
If you make this pudding, please leave your comments below. xx